U10s away to wellington

Minehead Under 10s played four games away to Wellington on Saturday 6rd April.

The first saw Wellington start on the offensive, forcing a good early save from Emily Davenport, before they scored from a rebound after Emily saved again. Minehead grew into the game, with Dylan Newby putting in an inviting cross, before Bryn Graddon scored with a well struck shot to level the scores. At the start of the second half Minehead gained the lead with Tyler Hetherington’s cross being put away by Owen Hardick. Not long after, Bryn played through Dylan Newby, who showed great strength to hold off the defender and score Minehead’s third goal. A second goal for Wellington lead to a nervy end to the game for Minehead. But the defence held firm, with Wellington having one final chance with the last kick of the game but shot wide.

The second game saw Minehead having to defend, with Riley Wild, William Sealby, Isaac Searle and Lucy Davenport all getting in good tackles to stop Wellington attacks. Wellington continued to press and took a deserved lead, before a long range strike doubled that advantage. Playing with greater confidence, good interplay lead to two further goals for Wellington before half time. In the second half with a change in formation Minehead began to create chances, with strong running from Erin Strong, creating a chance for William Sealby before shooting just wide herself. Minehead continued to press but were caught on the break by Wellington with two good strikes. A much improved second half display could not stop Wellington getting a final goal for a strong home win.

The third game saw an early long range shot from Bryn well saved, before a further Bryn strike almost creating a goal for Isaac on the rebound. Wellington then broke with pace to take the lead against the run of play. Minehead tried to get back on level terms, with Tyler shooting just wide and Dylan and Isaac creating opportunities saved by the Wellington keeper. At the end of the first half Wellington got back into the game, needing Emily to make a good save and Bryn making a goal line clearance. These efforts were in vain, as a good strike just before half time doubled their lead. After the break Owen managed to hit the post and the Wellington keeper made a double save from Bryn and Tyler. Wellington pushed back but good defence by Erin and Lucy and two good saves from Emily initially kept the score unchanged. However two late goals by Wellington gave the home team a good win.

The final game of the morning saw good early play by Dylan releasing Owen, whose shot went just wide. With Bryn working hard in midfield to halt any Wellington attacks, Minehead won a corner, creating a chance for Tyler that was well saved and a final shot of the half by Bryn going just wide. As both teams worked hard at closing each other down the final chance from a freekick fell to Dylan, who from distance hit the post, as Minehead finished with a draw in their last game.

The Minehead players of the morning were Dylan Newby, Erin Strong and Emily Davenport.

Minehead U10s teams : Riley Wild, Lucy Davenport, George Littlefield, Kyle Oulds, Emily Davenport, Erin Strong, Dylan Newby, Bryn Graddon, Isaac Searle, William Sealby, Owen Hardick, Tyler Hetherington, Jack Kelly,  George Hall.

Pin It