Minehead under 15s football report

Minehead under 15s were involved in an exciting nine goal thriller at home to Tone Youth on Sunday which ended with the away side taking the points with a 4-5 win.

Minehead started well and Tyler High on the left soon tested the keeper with a teasing cross who was equal to it. He then made a good save with his feet from a close range effort from Tom Barber who managed to get on the end of another Tyler High cross. Lewis Leach and Riley Merrick were making some fine headed clearances as the away side responded with some good crosses and Callum Dewar made a number of good challenges and charging runs out of defence. Lewis Leach then played a good long ball forward for Tom Barber who crossed in for Russell Lindley who headed just over.

Ben Bloys was called into action in the Minehead goal saving well at the near post following a good strike, then a good cross from the left was headed wide. Russell Lindley linked up well with Tyler High who played in Tom Barber but again the keeper did well to save. A long clearance and good run into the box saw the away side come close to opening the scoring with the keeper beaten it looked a certain goal but Ajay Shopland was there to clear off the line and then made a another headed clearance following the corner. Olly Prescott and Finley Foreman were both having a good game in the middle of the park and combined well with Issac Sweetland and Tom Barber who played in Russell Lindley to guide it in from close range for 1-0. Minehead went 2-0 up shortly after when keeper Ben Bloys found Tyler High on the left with a fine pass and a quickly taken strike from well outside the box found the far corner of the net. The away side came straight back with a good move down the left cutting inside and although the keeper saved well it was parried out and there was no stopping the follow up that was smashed into the roof of the net. A good quick passing move involving Olly Prescott, Finley Foreman and Tom Barber who did well in the box to find Issac Sweetland and it was rifled in from close range for 3-1. Tone Youth were then awarded a soft penalty for pushing in the box which was duly hit home for 3-2 and just before half time they equalised with another good move down the left and although Ben Bloys did well to save with his feet the away side were first to the rebound and it was all square.

Tone Youth came out fighting and with almost their first attack a low hard shot beat the keeper and they were ahead for the first time 3-4. Olly Prescott again linked up well with Issac Sweetland who played in Russell Lindley but the keeper again saved well. Tone Youth were then awarded a second penalty for a trip in the box and again made no mistake and they were 3-5 ahead. Curtis Beynon-Pearce came on for Callum Dewar and was soon well involved as Minehead had a good spell of possession and pushed forward. They were awarded a free kick about 30 yards out and Man of the Match Tyler High put a great ball into the box and Finley Foreman fought hard to win the ball putting it back into the 6 yard box where Russell Lindley was there to fire it in for 4-5. Minehead worked hard in the final minutes as they threw everything at it to get a well deserved equaliser but it wasn’t to be.

Minehead. B Bloys, A Shopland, C Dewar, L Leach, R Merrick, C Beynon-Pearce, F Foreman, T High, T Barber, O Prescott, I Sweetland & R Lindley.

Pin It